CMOS video cameras have come a long way and I have to say that I was impressed by this offering from AOMWAY – especially when combined with the 200mW 5.8GHz video transmitter in this backpack configuration.
This combo make it child’s play to equip any model (flying or land-based) with first person view live video capabilities.
– low latency
– excellent light handling
– low-distortion from the 2.1mm lens
– good price-point
– 7V to 24V operation for the backpack — camera on its own is 3.6V-5V only
– ring-type camera mount included
– two video cables included
– lightweight and small
– crappy linear antenna supplied as standard
– not user configurable (no OSD or menu system)
Both the 700TVL camera and the camera/backpack unit used in this review were supplied free of charge by HobbyKing for review purposes.
700TVL camera (NTSC):
700TVL camera (PAL):
700TVL camera and 200mW backpack (NTSC):
700TVL camera and 200mW backpack (PAL):