The DL220 is an interesting size of miniquad, offering the ability to use 5-inch props and much larger batteries than its little brother, the DL180. In this video I look at the good and bad of the frame before building it and performing the flight test which will be in part 2.
– can take larger batteries (1800mAH no worries!)
– good quality carbon and fittings
– will accept 5-inch props
– a choice of camera mounting options
– arms look a bit weak for a 220-sized quad
– the board-camera mounting plate is fixed-angle and limits the choice of camera.
– the side-area of the box-section body may cause handling problems (but we’ll see in part 2).
This product was provided for review by Surveilzone.