The Runcam Swift is a live SD FPV camera based on the Sony SuperHAD II CCD sensor and associated processing hardware. In this respect and from a general form-factor perspective, it is very similar to the popular HS1177 camera so I compare the two on the bench.
– small and lightweight (like the HS1177)
– 2S to 4S operation without the need for a BEC
– two mounting methods included in the box
– silicone wire used in the camera wiring loom
– separate OSD connector for convenient setup after installation
– both mounting systems could be improved
Stay tuned for the flight test where I’ll compare this camera directly with the HS1177 in some side-by-side video.
Disclosure: This camera was provided for review purposes by RunCam.